
Today was SHROVE TUESDAY.
It is also known as PANCAKE TUESDAY.
Shrove Tuesday is the last day before LENT. In earlier days there were many foods that Christians would not eat during Lent like meat and fish, eggs, and milk, flour and butter. So that no food was wasted, families would have a feast on the Shrove Tuesday, and eat up all the foods that wouldn't last the forty days of Lent without going off.
To celebrate SHROVE TUESDAY, we all made pancakes - the EASY way.
This is what we needed:
EQUIPMENT-
- a frypan
- measuring jug
- slide
INGREDIENTS -
- Pancake Shake
- 1 3/4 cups water
- cooking spray
- jam, maple syrup or your favourite topping
Do you know what steps we took to make the pancakes?
Just watch the slideshow below.
Then check out the slideshow made by Mrs Cassidy's class in Canada. They made panckes too!
BubbleShare: Share photos - Find great Clip Art Images.

15 comments:
I like your video. I am eight years old. I'm in 3rd grade in Mr. Greenberg's class. I was born in Honduras, but now I live in the USA. I love pancakes. Your pictures made me hungry. Please write back and send some pancakes too. I am Riddick.
Hello I'm Hannah I'm in Bridgeport CT in the USA, at Columbus School, in Mr. Greenberg's class. I'm 8 years old in third Grade. sometime's when I visit my family In Mexico on a cold morning we eat pancake's whith Hot Chocolate with Marshmallows. Please write back.
We had pancakes on pancake Tuesday, too! We wish we had those shaker bottles to make pancakes with. What is a slide? We only have a slide on our playground.
Hello, my name is madeleine and I am from 4/5J we have got a word wall just like you. we even have a fun way of doing spelling like... Tigger bounce, movie star kisses and Disco it is so fun your blog rocks. Madeleine
Looks like shrove Tuesday was fun.
From Chloe and Amy 4/5j
Hi 2m I love your pancake slide-show, It is fantastic. I t is on of of my favourite slide-shows I have seen. Keep working.Coco 4\5r
hi guys
your slidshow is so cool.And your blog is great.
from katie 4/5R
Love the slideshow those Pancakes make us hungrey.Meg and Emily 45r.
Hello 2M. I think that we should make pancakes soon. Have your read the book "If You give a Pig a Pancake"? We think it's a great book.
In a few more weeks we will be making maple syrup at my house. The weather has to change a bit before we can tap the trees. We need freezing nights and warm days.
Thanks for writing comments to our blog. We are getting more snow tonight.
mmmh thoses pancakes look yum and well done 2m you made some good pancakes well have a nice day from jesse 4/5R by
the pancakes were yummy got to go
from ben.
Hi 2M your blog is fantastic. I hope you all had a good holiday from Danah 4/5R and Ky Prep M.
Thanks for telling us what a slide is, Patrick. We call it a flipper or a spatula. We think slide is a good word, too.
Our blog looks great because it has Voki on it.
Olivia J
Hi 2M Gems
Those Pancakes look so yummy I wish I could have some. Your slide show rocks as well.
From Brooke 4/5B
Post a Comment