It's Day 20 of school-
and that means....
ZERO the HERO came to visit!
He brought with him a BIG container of lollies - lollies that could be threaded to make bracelets!
First we had to count out 20 lollies using Base 10 boards.
Then we checked we had 20 by counting in tens.
The Base 10 boards make it easy to see that 20 is 'two' groups of 10.
Then came the tricky part - the threading!
Again we used the Base 10 boards to keep track of how many we had threaded and how many we still had to go.
Before long we each had one VERY yummy bracelet!

We wonder what fun Day 30 will bring?Now is that BEFORE or AFTER Easter?

8 comments:
Yesterday was the funnest day of my life when zero the hero came to school the best part was when we got to eat the lollies
That was a lovely treat for day 20. If day 30 is the same, I will have to buy bigger clothes from eating all the lollies - can you imagine how many there will be on day 100!!
zero the hero knew that 20 lollies was the right size for my wrist. I love zero the hero.
On Tuesday I liked the lollies and I liked threading them into a bracelet. I look forward to seeing my friends and Mrs M at school today!
Using the ten frames was such a clever way to know if you had ten or twenty lollies. Will the ten frames help when you get to Day 30?
I really like day 20 fun. The lollies that zero the hero brang were yummy and I can't wait til day 30.
I think it's before Eastar.I worked it out by the calendar & it's on Sunday the 23rd of March.
Great idea to use the calendar, Patrick. I want you to think about this question though... do we come to school on weekends?
Post a Comment