Monday, March 22, 2010

OUR WRITING BLOG

This is a guest post written by Lara on behalf of the GEMS.


We created a writing blog for us to share our writing with others and teach us how to post. Our blog is called 2m Writing Gems.

This blog helps us open up our writing to others around the world. It also helps us to improve our writing and get quicker with our typing.

As we are writing and before we publish, we focus on the CUPS.
The CUPS are-

C - is for capitals. Do I have a capital to start my sentences and for the names of people, places and things


U- is for understanding. Does my writing make sense?

P-is for punctuation. Have I used my full stops,
commas, exclamation marks,
question marks or speech marks?

S-is for spelling. Are all my words spelt correctly on my post?

At the moment, we are writing recounts but later on in the year, we will be attempting other text types like stories, descriptions, opinions and explanations.

We'd LOVE for you to encourage us with our writing so please visit our Writing Blog often and leave comments that will help us become better writers.

14 comments:

Mrs M said...

Wow, Lara!
What a great post! I am so proud of you.

Firstly, for seeing a need and having the initiative to take on the challenge to post and secondly, the for the post itself.

Your post is well structured and it's evident that you followed our CUPS process as you were writing. I'm also impressed with the design choices you made to highlight the CUPS.

Well done! I think you're ready to be more than a 'guest' blogger on our class blog.

Anonymous said...

Gosh Lara! Now that I've read your post about your class writing blog I'm just busting to get over there and check it out. You made it sound really interesting!

Mrs. Cassidy said...

Awesome, Lara! What a great model you are for the other students!

Anonymous said...

WOW! Lara I like your post

ruthiegem said...

Hi Lara.
WOW! That's a really great post. I think that your the first kid this year to put a post on the 2m gems blog.




From Ruthie

Anonymous said...

Hi Mrs M and the 2m Gems,
It's great to see the 2m gems are still the best little bloggers in the world. Keep up the great postings.
Joe, Laura's Uncle

Laura's blogfolio said...

Hi Lara
Wow Lara that is a good post. I have the most post on the writing blog so far.

Briannagem said...

Hi lara
you are a good poeter now. I like how you did do it. Could you teach me how to do it. You are great.

AMacklin said...

Wow! I am a college student in Oklahoma and I am planning on becoming an elementary grade school teacher and one of our assignments is to comment on blogs. This blog is a great way to practice CUPS and it sounds like you definitely have the initiative to take this project on. Keep up the GREAT work.

Anonymous said...

hi!lara I think you are the first person in our class to do a proper post.

Briannagem said...

Hi Lara

I am going to put a post about the writing blog on my blog. Wow Lara.

Anonymous said...

hi Lara,
I really like the post about 2m writing gems.

Hemantgem said...

Hi Mrs M I like our WRITING BLOG.

Anonymous said...

Hi 2m I think it was a great idea of Mrs M making a righting blog what do you think.