Thursday, April 3, 2008

DAYS OF THE WEEK

If you've wondered why so many 2M Gems have been humming or singing the Addams Family tune lately, it's not because we have been watching re-runs of the T.V show... it's because we have been working on our March task for Voices of the World.
March's task was to create a slideshow of the 'DAYS of the WEEK'.

First we had to create slides for the days of the week in Kid Pix. We found 'writing' with a mouse very tricky, and it looked like we would run out of time, so thank goodness Ben D found a feature in Kid Pix that allows you to resize and move letters.
Jarvis was the 'expert' CREATOR and DESIGNER who made most of the slides in one session and we helped Mrs M
upload them into Powerpoint.
Next we had to choose an 'Addams Family' backing track.
All of the tracks we could choose from were fast, so we had
LOTS of practising before we recorded ourselves on the ipod.
Finally we uploaded the Powerpoint and the audio file into
myplick.We had trouble syncing the slides with the audio but after
many goes, Mrs M finally got it synced...and here's the result!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello 2M,
I loved your slide show. Great job singing in time with the music. I heard Ben singing this song lots this week. Were you practising?

Anonymous said...

Hi 2M,
What a great job you did on the "days of the week" song. I wonder what the next project is? My guess would be the "months of the year" or maybe a song about counting in tens? Am I right?

Lindsay Stuart said...

Hello 2M,

My name is Lindsay and I am a blogging buddy with Mrs. Cassidy's class in Canada. I listened to your song and it was fantastic. I like to sing that song with my children. Keep up the great work.

Lindsay

2M Gems said...

Yes, Mrs D, we were practising alot because the music was really fast and we had to make sure we kept in time. It was tricky but we think we did a good job in the end.

2M Gems said...

Hi Mrs A, we don't know what Mrs Tonner from Voices of the World has planned for us theis month but we know it's something to do with colours. Maybe we'll have to sing 'I can sing a Rainbow'.
But that doesn't mean we can't do one about the months of the year or counting in tens.
Thankyou for the idea.
We tink we might do one aout counting in tens for Day 100. Zero the Hero will LOVE that!

2M Gems said...

Thankyou Lindsay, for leaving a comment. We appreciate you taking the time to read our blog. Are you one of the blogging buddies from the University of Regina? we wish we had uni students to be our blogging buddy. We'd love if you could comment again.

Anonymous said...

Wow, That was brilliant Jarvis and great singing 2m gems.
Jarvis' Dad