Tuesday, April 15, 2008

PUNCTUATION CHALLENGE


Today Mrs M challenged us.
We had to fix up some sentences.
First we had to read the sentences then put the punctuation in.
Here is what Mrs M gave us.

it is the start of the term we are going to be scientists investigating life on the ground

Can you punctuate the sentences?
There are 4 errors.

by Isaac.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is the start of the term. We are going to be scientists, investigating life on the ground.

Mrs M said...

Well done, Jarvis. You put in a comma! I left that error out as we haven't really explored the use of commas yet and I didn't think anyone would find it... but yet again, you are on the ball!

Ben said...

An uppercase "I" for "it", a fullstop after "term", an uppercase "W" for "We" and a fullstop after ground.

ben said...

Hi Mrs M, I found out what the 4 errors were in the sentence.
It is the start of the term. We are going to be scientists, investigating life on the ground.
I found out that there was 5.