Thursday, March 10, 2011

SHARING OUR LEARNING - THE COMMONCRAFT WAY

At the beginning of the year, to help us understand what a blog was, Mrs M showed us a CommonCraft video about blogging.


We loved how it simply explained what a blog is and we wondered whether we could use this style of video to share our learning.


Mrs M showed us a CommonCraft style video The Kinderkids made about maple syrup and then we saw Mrs Cassidy's class had made CommonCraft style videos about wants and needs.


After seeing their CommonCraft videos, we definitely knew we each wanted to make one too, so here's Matthew's CommonCraft style video about the number 28.





All About 28 from 2M Gems on Vimeo.

What do you think about the CommonCraft style of video?
Have you shared your learning using this style of video?
If not, could you?


We love how other people and classes, through sharing their learning, can inspire our learning. 
We hope through sharing our learning we can inspire others too.

16 comments:

Julietgem said...

Hi
I like how you changed your voice for
diffrent sums and I also liked the sums
and your number for it. I think I should
do one tommorrow.

Adrian said...

Hi Gems,

Just thought you'd like to know I showed your blog to a group of teachers in Melbourne last week and you've inspired some of them to start blogging with their students :)

Cheers

Adrian
http://www.adrianbruce.com

Chris Betcher said...

Hey there 2M Gems! It's so great to see you're blogging! I'm looking forward to hearing about all your adventures. I met Mrs Marrinan at a conference last year and I think you're very lucky to have her as your teacher! :-)

I work at a school in Sydney, and our year 2 kids have also just started a blog. We actually have just one blog for all three of our Year 2 classes, but the girls (it's a girls' school) seem to really enjoy sharing on it.

You can take a look at our blog at http://year2plc.posterous.com and if you wanted to leave any comments we'd love to hear from you.

I think it would be really cool if we were able to leave comments on each others blogs every so often, and maybe even become blogging buddies.

Mr Betcher

Mrs B said...

Thanks for sharing your work. I am about to start a blog with my class and will try to include a video like yours, What else do you suggest or like that would be good for my class' blog?

EthanG said...

Hi 2m I think it is great! Can you help me make one!

Jordyn said...

Hi. I loved how you shade your ling with the class . did you have fun doing it?

2M Gems said...

Hi gems I think it is great! Can you help me make one.

Alexandragem said...

Hi everyone, i think it is fun when you can share your learning with people all around the world. It is a good way to camunacait and share your learning with others around the world.I love blogging!

mattiegem said...

Hi mrs M,
I think makeing commoncart is a bit hard.I loved the commoncart vidio of the kinderkids doing the mapel surup.what is your favorrite one mrs casserdys or mrs knees?

mattiegem said...

Hi Mrs M thankyou for putting my commoncraft on the blog.

EthanG said...

Hi Mathaw I loved! that. That was one of the best! videos Iv seen.

Anonymous said...

Hi Mrs M,


Can you teach me how to make A commoncraft video please?

EthanG said...

Hi Mathaw that is one of the best posts I,v ever herd! What about 29-1.

ZACH said...

Hi Mathew I like your vidio about 28. From Zach

EthanG said...

Hi 2m I loved your video! I have not youst that tecnolege can you teach me?

alexandra said...

Hi Matthew thats a really good post!!! Thats a good number that you chose. It was fun watching the video and fun reading the post! GREAT JOB!!!!!!