Tuesday, March 8, 2011

PANCAKE DAY 2011

Today was SHROVE TUESDAY.
Depending on where you are in the world, it is also known as PANCAKE DAY, PANCAKE TUESDAY, FAT TUESDAY or MARDI GRAS.zwani.com myspace graphic comments





Shrove Tuesday is celebrated on the Tuesday before Ash Wednesday, which is the beginning of the church season of LENT


In earlier days there were many foods that Christians would not eat during Lent like meat and fish, eggs, and milk, flour and butter
To stop food being wasted, families would have a feast on the day before Ash Wednesday, and eat up all the foods that wouldn't last the forty days of Lent.

To celebrate SHROVE TUESDAY, we made pancakes - the EASY way.
This is what we needed:
EQUIPMENT-

  • a frypan
  • measuring jug
  • spatula
INGREDIENTS -
  • Pancake Shake
  • 1 3/4 cups water
  • cooking spray
  • our favourite topping - we used Golden Syrup

Do you know the steps we took to make the pancakes?
Watch our ANIMOTO to find out how easy it can be to make pancakes.




Our Year 7's, along with some parent helpers, spent the morning cooking pancakes in our new canteen. They raised over $400 from the sale of pancakes, which will go to Caritas to help needy communities in Nepal.



We enjoyed making pancakes and enjoyed eating them even more!

How did you celebrate PANCAKE DAY?
What's your favourite topping?
Please tell us in a comment. We'd love to know

17 comments:

ollie said...

hi I love pancakes how much did you hath was it yom

laramgem said...

hi mrs M I think were very lucky to have Pancake day or should I say Shrove Tuesday I liked when we mad our Pancake. My Dad makes Pancakes every mourning. Have you mad Pancakes on shrove Tuesday?

ZACH said...

Hi Mrs M I think it was two days ago. Did you get any pancake I got one pancake just with butter by.

Alexandragem said...

Hi everone I had 2 pancakes how much did you have?

Anonymous said...

Hi 2M Gems - I know I'm a little late but I had a fantastic lunch of banana pancakes at the Pancake Manor which is close to where I work in the city - it was a great way to celebrate Shrove Tuesday, Tom's Mum

Anonymous said...

My favourite pancake is with lemon and brown sugar! Hi Ethan G, how about teaching me to make pancakes next time I am in Queensland. Love Nan

jordyn gem said...

HI gems. I love pancakes my sister et 2. do you like pancakes.

mattiegem said...

Hi mrs M,
I loved the pancakes they were very yummy.What toppings do you like on your pancakes?

Mrs M said...

Hi Mattie,

I'm glad you loved the pancakes. They were definitely scrumptious.

My favourite pancakes are blueberry pancakes topped with strawberries, more blueberries and Mrs Knee's maple syrup!

I know Mr Knee has been busy the last few weekends making maple syrup. Hopefully you and all the Gems will be able to to taste some of Mr and Mrs Knee's syrup later in the year. it's the BEST!!

Mrs M

EthanG said...

Hi 2m those pancaks make me hungry! Thats a lot of muny you must of rasde for charety.

Anonymous said...

Hi Mrs M,


Those pancakes were the best i have ever tasted.Can i and the gems make another batch?Please

Alexandramgem said...

I know i have already left a comment on this post.But i just want to say that i bet those who had three would be very full!!

Jack M said...

I like the animoto about Pancake Day. I love pancakes too. We get to eat yummy pancakes and raise money for Caritas. Jack M (3J)

EthanG said...

Hi 2m that was amasing! I wood love to do that agan.

EthanG said...

Hi 2m that was amasing! I wood love to do that agan.

mattiegem said...

Hi mrs m, I agree mrs knees maple surup is the Best too.My favourite part of making the pancakes was all of it including the eating bit.What is your favourite part of cooking the pancakes?

julietgem said...

HI,
I REAPEAT LOVE PANCAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-! I put gloden syrp and maple togther.


What do you put on yours?

Keep eating yummy,tasty,super,delicis PANCACAKES!!