
Some of us have already been out
searching for minibeasts.

Here are a couple of specimens brought in so far.
searching for minibeasts.

Here are a couple of specimens brought in so far.
Tamekah brought in a grasshopper. It preferred being up in a corner than on the bottom of her bug viewer.
BubbleShare: Share photos - Powered by BubbleShare
BubbleShare: Share photos - Powered by BubbleShare
(2M, why wasn't Tamekah's specimen a 'katydid'? Go to this site for information about katydids and grasshoppers, then leave a comment when you know the answer - Mrs M)
Riley brought in this bug. We've seen bugs like this before but we don't know what it is.
(2M, go to the CSIRO and download the Backyard Biodiversity Bugs Guide. This guide will help you identify this bug. You can learn more about the family this bug belongs to by also going here.Leave a comment when you know it's identity- Mrs M)

20 comments:
I think Riley's bug is a Crusader bug.
that is a hard one I think it is a cruscader bug without the cross
I think rily's bug is a crusder bug.
I think Riley's bug is a Grass hoper.
Tamekah's Grasshopper is'int a Kaytedid. beucus a kaytedid has a long antener. A Grasshopper has a short antener.
It is not a Katydid beceus it does not have a huge antener and Riley's bug is a toad bug.
katie dis
haf big itenes
gus hop hat smo itenes
rursbug has2 iex
(Katydids have big antennae. Grasshoppers have small antennae. Riley's bug has 2 v's.
Hi Mrs M,I thick Tamekah's minibast is a grasshopper. Becaese it has a shrot antener.
We no that Tamekah's bug is a grashoper becose it has short antenae. Riley's bug has 2 vees on it. We no that it is a crseeterbug.
I think Rily's bug is a crusader bug and I think Tameka's bug isn't a kidi bug.
Tamekah's bug wasn't a katydid because it had short antennaes and Riley's looks like a water strider.
I think Riley's bug is big and it is rilly broun. from Emily.
I think Rile's bug is a toad bug? to. i put the apostrafe in ther becous it's a cweshgen.
Hi Mrs M,
I'm looking for some mini beast down the oval, but I can't find any.
Well done, everyone. What great investigators you are. Now you know the difference between a katydid and a grasshopper.
I agree with Johanna, that identifying Riley's bug is tricky.
It could be a crusader bug - it does have a very feint cross or v's on it's back. It could be a toad bug too. One thing I do know, is that both of those bugs belong to the same family of bugs - true bugs. So we can say it's a type of true bug. Perhaps we might have to ask a scientist to help us with the identification. How would we go about that?
Jarvis, think about what you already know about minibeasts and where they are found. You were on the right track thinking there would be minibeasts on the oval but perhaps you weren't looking in exactly the right spot.
Remember, minibeasts are 'tiny'! Perhaps you need to get down to their level. Don't give up the search! :)
Hi Mrs M I think that movie was great! I like it, but the spider was scary from Tamekah.
That is a cool bug it looks cool!!!but I want to know who found it? and how did you catch it? and where did you find it was it on the roof.courtney 2D
I was very excited about taking my grasshopper to school and mine wasn't a Katydid because it had short anennae, from Tamekah.
I think Riley's bug is a grasshopper.
Post a Comment