Thursday, January 28, 2010

TRACKING OUR VISITORS

We have two maps on our blog that show us where the visitors to our blog are coming from. We can see from the stars that the 2M Gems blog has had visitors from America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand.
One of the maps has stars that
'flash' when someone is actually online, viewing the blog.

This morning when we were on our blog, we were excited to see two stars flashing.
We knew that the one flashing on Australia was us and the other one looked like it was flashing where we know Mrs Knee and the Kinderkids are.

So we sent them a tweet, to check if it was them.
While we were waiting for a tweet back, we checked if there were any comments on our blog.

What do you think we found?

Mrs Knee HAD been on our blog and she'd left us a comment!
We also discovered that Kavidu, one of last year's Gems, had left us a comment too!

We think it's great to have these maps to show us when someone is visiting our blog and where they are coming from.

Do you have maps to track visitors to your blog?

6 comments:

kavidu said...

thank's gem's your the best bolging class!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Wm Chamberlain said...

I really enjoy seeing the Cluster Maps on class blogs. It wasn't that long ago that my blog was beginning to have some new visitors from different countries and my students and I would look at the dots and try to figure out where they were coming from.

Now I also have feedjit and Google Analytics that let me know where people are visiting from and even how they found me. I am fascinated by how easy some things are to find on the internet.

Mr. C

Anonymous said...

Hi its keelygem I have started my homework

Anonymous said...

Hi 2mgems,

I can't wait to work with you all this year,

Briannagem

Cooper said...

Hi it's Cooper I noticed that Mrs M
had put our wordle up it looks GREAT and I LOVE!!!! it. I can't wait until Mum understands all of this stuff.She says she might need some lessons and I think the blog is the best and I like rainbow words.I can't wait till you read this.Bye.

Jack devoy said...

Hi mrs M and the 2megems you have the best blog out of all of the yaer 2.