Friday, May 29, 2009

MONEY FROM AROUND THE WORLD






We have been learning about money from different countries. Holly brougt in a container filled with coins from around the world. Her Dad has been collecting them from all his travels. Some of the coins were very different to what we use in Australia. The coins from the Phillipines were made from copper and were very tiny in size. Some of the coins had a large value number on them, like 1000. Mrs M explained that the coin wasn't worth $1000, that people in other countries counted their money in different ways.

9 comments:

Daniel Ryder was from 7L said...

Hi everybody keep up the good work I'v been going thro some of the work you have been doing and IT LOOKS GREAT

PS:from Daniel Ryder last year

Charles' Blog said...

Good-bye 2m I will miss you all
and every body I know teachers parents and freinds all in the school
I was in SJV Saint John Vianneys.
Was the best.

Anonymous said...

we love your blog please vote for us from salah chorlton park school.
http://primaryblogger.co.uk/vote/

Anonymous said...

To 2M Gems From Jonah chorlton park school year2 we looooove! your blog please go on primary blogers and vote for are blog you can use this link lhttp://primaryblogger.co.uk/vote/ink

Baylee said...

Hi, when I went to NZ I noticed something about the money. The two dollar coin was bigger than the one dollar coin.

From Baylee.

Baylee said...

Hi, when I went to NZ I noticed something about the money. The two dollar coin was bigger than the one dollar coin.

From Baylee.

Anonymous said...

Hi
I really like your blog and I think it is a good way to express your learning

Anonymous said...

Hi 2m,I see those coins are unusal. my Uncle has coins like that. from Tamekah 3l

Anonymous said...

Hi Mrs.M,


How amazing that there are so many Different Notes & Coins.I want to collect lots of different coins when i'm older.Do You?