
This week we are investigating symmetry.

Something has symmetry when you can fold it in half and both the sides match.
You can have vertical, horizontal and diagonal lines of symmetry.
Visit Links Learning to learn more about line symmetry, then test your knowledge in some games.
Have a look for evidence of symmetry around you. Grab your camera, take a photo and email it to 2mgems@gmail.com
Where have you seen symmetry today?


14 comments:
Dear Mrs M
My mum really liked the learning link and I liked the symmetrical pictures on our blog.
I think the video really helped me to learn about line symmetry.
I like symmetry.
I think i am going to find good ones.
I like symmetry because you can fold things in half as they look the same on both sides. my dad uses symmetrical lights in his work
I'm glad that you have a clearer understanding of line symmetry Connor. Isn't it great that we can access these videos to help with our learning...and if we don't understand something, we can watch it again and again until we do. I think your 'kidpix' video is going to be just as helpful.
Jack, I look forward to seeing pictures of the 'symmetry' you find around you. I know you'll have some interesting ones. You are very observant!
Jonathan, what about the lights in our classroom? Do you think they are symmetrical like the ones at your Dad's workplace?
Symmetry is a line means that something is symmetrical. A line of symmetry is a line that divides something into haslf. That is what I learnt from watching the videos.
My Dad loves symmetry. He likes to plant everything in the garden symmetrical. This drives my Mum crazy, so she puts a few extra plants in or adds pots so that everything doesn't look so neat and tidy in the garden!
Great learning Matthew. Can you name some things that you've seen around you that are symmetrical?
I loved the video of Line Symmetry. I really know about it now, that video is very interesting and good for me to learn about symmetry. mum helped me type this.From Georgia T
Dont you think Jack D's blog is cool?
HI,
I think that was a good video 2m!
yes Mrs M
Post a Comment