Tuesday, October 14, 2008

ISN'T LIFE AMAZING!

We came into class this morning to discover our pet praying mantid lying on the floor of it's cage.
For a moment we thought that it had died. Then we realised what was really going on.
Have a look at our video.

Isn't life amazing!

61 comments:

Penny Ryder said...

Wow! This is an amazing video. What a great learning opportunity you all have. Not many people would have seen that before. Thank you for sharing this video so that the rest of us get a chance to see it. I will show my class tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Hi Mrs M did you hafeto put on sad music.

Mrs M said...

Jarvis, remember that with One True Media, you have to find a track that is at least the same length as your video. Because we already had audio with our video, we had to choose an instrumental track, so, taking all that inot account - the choice was limited to something more suited to out of space or this! Let's not think of it as sad, but as music that allows us to reflect how amazing this event is!

OJ IS A CHICKEN said...

Hi Mrs M did you know that tinny little thing was struggling when he was trying to get his skin off.First when I saw him I saw him I thourt he was dead I had a nouther look and I said wait a minut it's sheding ites skin.

Anonymous said...

oooh wow what an amazing proosses the mantid is going through. INCREADBLE!!!! Mum liked the backround music.=]

Anonymous said...

Hi Year 2 Gems from Ballarat in Victoria!
It is so exciting that you were able to film what happened and share it with the world.
Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Very cool! My kids watched a praying mantis lay its egg sac on our deck railing yesterday. (We are from Michigan, USA)

Callum said...

Hi Mrs M I thert that he died in the movie then I read the words up the top.

Anonymous said...

Hi Mrs M and 2mgems,
your video is very interesting(the sad music makes it interesting)
Did you get a fright? Life is amazing isn't it? If you get the time, could you go to www.reihanasfolio.blogspot.com and leave a comment?
from Reihana

Anonymous said...

I love your blog

Riley's Folio said...

Hi Mrs M, The video of the mantis video is amazing. We are so lucky to be able to see this in our classroom. I hope it survives so we can let it go back out in the wild.

Anonymous said...

Hi mrs m, i loved the video it was sad i was nilling crying our little friend is growing up i will miss him. claire.

Anonymous said...

Is it still alive Mrs M? Is it still shedding Mrs M? Catch ya later =].

Penny Ryder said...

From the kids in 1R:
"That was amazing how the praying mantid shed its skin 3 times!"
"I liked seeing it shed it's skin off"
"I hope the praying mantid is okay."
"When did you get the praying mantid?"
"How long have you been taking care of it?"
"How big is it?"

Anonymous said...

We really like your video. It was really cool to see it shed its skin. We think the music sounded sad.

Sue said...

Hi 2M Gems,
I have just watched your Praying Mantid Video. Wow, life realy is amazing. I a going to show it to my class on our Smart Board tomorrow. I love your Blog. It has been a wonderful source of inspiration for me to create and develop a blog for my own class. I didn't have any computer skills when I strated but now I am learning new things every day. Thanks for sharing your learning with so many others.

Anonymous said...

Hi 2M Gems,

We tried to have a look at the video, but our Net Nanny blocked it.
Your blog looks great (Eleanor)
It looks beautiful (Cory)
The Voki Koala looks awsome and it is a beauty (Danny)
Your blog looks cool! (Luke)
I like the Koala (Taylah)
I like the sports day podcast(Tim)
Jonah liked all the load noises. He is still smiling(Jonah)
I hope we can learn from each other ( Marg -Teacher Aide)
The kids want to visit you again and we have put your blog address in the sites we love section (Sue -Teacher)
From the Room 13 kids and staff
www.room13at.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hi Mrs M
I have a worm farm that I thought I could bring to school tomorrow for awhile so we can watch the worms work. We can feed them carrot scraps and leaves.
Johanna

Noahgem's Folio said...

I wish I had a pet praymantis! Did you know 2M that human's biggest organ is the skin? Imagine if we shed our skin -gross!

Paddy's Folio said...

Hi mrs M, Why did you put on realy sad music. I do not want him too die but that is liff.

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys! I am a 1st grade teacher from Maine. I know Mrs. Knee!! I was just visiting your blog and I can't wait to share your voki with my students tomorrow. We will create one very soon. Have a fabulous day! Your friend, Mrs. Welch

Anonymous said...

Hi mrss m I will miss our praing mantis when we let him go from tierney.

Anonymous said...

It was really interesting watching the praying mantid shed it's skin, but I wish it didn't die and got a chance to fly.

Anonymous said...

Hi Clare it's Zahli wasn't it sad to hear that the praymantis died.

Anonymous said...

that is amazing mrs m. the praying mantis is sheding it sealf.

Anonymous said...

Hi Mrs M

That is so sad I hate when things and people die I fell so bad.

Amara45j

Anonymous said...

Hi Mrs M you have fuogot to put a post on the 2mgems blog.

Unknown said...

Hello 2m Gems. This is from the Kinderkids. We have a question for Flynn. We are wondering about glow worms. Do they glow in the dark? We hope to learn about them from you.

Thank you for making comments on our blog.

Goodbye, 2M Gems
From the KinderKids in Deerfield NH in the USA

Anonymous said...

Hi Mrs M, it is very sad that our little friend is growing up so fast. Do you think it is sad too and that it is going to be ok? Last year we saw a snake skin in our back yard, we think it was from a carpet python.

Paddy's Folio said...

Hi Mrs M, I know it is sad that our pet died but where are we going to bere it. My thorts are we bere it in the garden nere the the Prep t room.

Anonymous said...

I think that life is amazing.

Anonymous said...

Hi 2m

I thought that One true media was amazing it was so interesting and i have never seen an insect shed its skin.


From Brittany 45r Super Stars

Anonymous said...

You guys have heeps of stuff on your blog you must be learning heeps.

michael 45j

Anonymous said...

ili yilbeyorviabplicy (I like your video about the praying mantis.)

Anonymous said...

ili yilbeyorviabplicy (I like your video about the praying mantis.)

Anonymous said...

I like the pchrs (pictures)

Anonymous said...

[I like your bog be kis tae prainmatis]

Anonymous said...

I lic yr paing matis it is cow

Anonymous said...

i rilee lic yor paing matij

Anonymous said...

i rilee lic yor paing matij

Anonymous said...

i like yuor bog it is cool be kus the cwolu (koala) we dot have cwolu in candu

Anonymous said...

that was cool that a praying mantis can hatch from a cacoon to grow up

Anonymous said...

I .Loc . The .Prring .Matis .ITh

Anonymous said...

I licyrpaingmantis

Anonymous said...

What materil shoud we make the grave. Sins the sad time has come.

Riley's Folio said...

Hi Mrs M, Are we going to bury the praying mantis soon. I felt sorry for it, but at least it is not struggling anymore.

Anonymous said...

The music was sad. Its sad that the praying mantid died.]=

Tamekah

Anonymous said...

I will see if my mum can find a spare box.=]

brookegem said...

Hi mrs m I think that was sad for the 2mgems and for me from Brooke.

Anonymous said...

preymasthwldishy (Praying Mantis is cool.)

Jo and Sam T's mum said...

Well done Year 2 on your play last night. You all looked fantastic and provided a wonderful evening for us to share with you.

Anonymous said...

i think its amazing that our frineds in America saw our praying mantis too

Anonymous said...

i love the Christams count down how do you find out about these websits Mrs.M?

Callum said...

Hi mrs M that movie was so cool and thows christmas countdowns are so cool too.

Anonymous said...

Hi Grade 2 Gems
The video was really interesting. (Our teacher wants to know what sort of camera you used.) Is the praying mantid still alive? How old is it?
Bye from Gr 2 & 3, Invergordon, Victoria

Melissa said...

cool video! life is amazing.

Anonymous said...

I loved doing my homework on blog. Will

Holly 2M Gem said...

My dad loved the preying mantis show because he loves animals.
We watched this preying mantis show we hope you watch it too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNcIUIULafw

Anonymous said...

Hi mrs M I hav'nt seen this blog for a while!!!! I think I miss my little praying mantid. We never got to find out if it was a boy or a girl. I miss him. Have you burrid it yet?

jACK R-E said...

I like the insect.
They are interesting.

Anonymous said...

I didn't know that insects took their skin off but now it makes sense because their skeleton is on the outside and they need to grow.