Thursday, August 14, 2008

WHO'S CORRECT?

2M,
Here's a 'show holiday' challenge for you.
I want you to have a look at this video. It's a scene from an old Abbott and Costello movie (Mum, Dad or grandparents will be able to tell you about them).
In this scene, Costello has baked 28 donuts. You'll see him and Abbott debating over how many donuts 7 crewmen are going to each get.

One of them hasn't worked it out correctly...can you?
Leave a comment to tell us how you worked out how many donuts each crewman gets.
If you have a microphone at home, you might want to use Sketchcast to show how you worked it out.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think its 4 each. I got 7 men and 28 doughnuts and then I gave each man one until there was none left. They each had 4 doughnuts.
from Tamekah.

Anonymous said...

The Baca counted the ten's
the ten's are on the left so there are seven digest on the left it is sevente and seven one's it is seventeseven.

OJ IS A CHICKEN said...

I think they could have 4 doughuts. I know who was wrong costello because he counted in ones instead of tens so that means that abbott is correct.

Anonymous said...

I'd say it's 4 each.Is it?

Callum said...

I think that abbtt was right.

Anonymous said...

Hi Mrs M I know which One was right the skinny man and his name is costello the fat man was'int right he was rong and it was funny at the end because he drew the hock and hand up his hat on the hock that was my favrit part.from Emily.

ben said...

I think its 4

Anonymous said...

If i had 28 lollies to share with six of my friends i would give each friend and myself 4 lollies each. so abbott was right.

Anonymous said...

Hi mrs m, I think its 4 each. i no who was wrong costello because he counted in ones so that means abbot is correct. from claire.

Anonymous said...

I think it's 4 each. I used my abacus and divided it into 4 groups of 7.