Yesterday we went on an excursion to the museum.Our day was filled with 'hands-on' insect workshops and exploring all the exhibits.
There was a lot of exploring, observing, examining, touching, classifying, drawing and discussing - and almost some sleeping on the train trip back to school!

There's so much to tell - from acting out the stages of metamorphosis, handling stick insects and sorting their frass (insect poo) from their eggs to examining specimens through powerful microcopes - that we can't do it all in one post.
So for now, here's a movie to 'show' you some of the sights and experiences of our day.
Watch out for future posts that will explain in more detail what we saw, did and learnt.
Watch out for future posts that will explain in more detail what we saw, did and learnt.


17 comments:
Looks like the Gems had a great day at the museum. Thanks for sharing your learning with me, now I know what insect poo is called!
Jarvis' Dad
Hi Mrs M I liked it when we all went on the excursion I saw the turtle's. and it was fun and I was going to hold a stick insect but I was to scared.
Olivia was very excited to go to the Museum and had wonderful day telling us all about the stick insect she got to hold. She was very tired and I wouldn't be surprised if she was one of the one's who nearly fell asleep on the train.
Olivia's Mum
Hi, it's Brooke. It was cool. I saw the stick insecty. I found some little eggs.
On monday when we went to the I really want to know if you did leave a comment on my blog just to let know.By 2m and mrs m.
Hi Mrs M, thanks for a great day, boy did i learn a lot at the museum.
my favorite part of the museum was when i saw the muttabuttasaurous that was the first excursion i ever done
Hi Mrs M I liked it when we went to the museum it was fun and I saw lots of interesting things around the museum.
Hi it's me again.Did you go to the science muesum?If you did all the year 3's went there in the first week of first term!The science centre is sssso fun.Did you have a good time?we did!
My favourite mini beast is a grasshopper because they jump on people and scare them.
Hi Mrs M I had a grat day at the museum and we got to go in a tree if you press a butin and it shows a lizzid or a snake.
Hi Mrs M it was very very fun at the Museum I liked the big dinisor at the front
hi mrs m I like the move were one of the boys stuck there head in a dinosaur head!! from Tamekah
Hi i like the movie.
Hi Mrs M, I liked the visit to the museum. I like the part when we saw the dinosaur.
That was fun with Claire,Emily,Grace and me and emilys mum.Did you have fun?I hope so.From olivia joyce.
Hi Mrs M,
I liked going to the museum but most of all going into that tree!
Post a Comment