
We had to be at school for an 8 o'clock chat. In Memphis it was 5 o'clock on Tuesday afternoon. We were VERY excited and just a little nervous too because this was our first skype chat with another class!
Mrs Jarratt's class had some more questions for us about Australia. We tried our best to tell them about crocodiles, dingoes, sugar gliders and Australian Rules Football. We even told them about our adopted elder, Aunty Delmae.
Of course, we had plenty of questions for them.
We learnt about how they stay safe during a tornado and that they call a stick insect a 'walking stick'!
We realised though, that we have a lot in common with the boys in Memphis.
- We learn about the same sorts of things at school, like Maths, Reading, Writing, Science ( except that the boys learn Spanish too)
- We travel to and from school in cars
- We watch the same TV - eg Cartoon Network
- Our homes are similar
- We eat the same sorts of food
- We love to play sports - they play soccer too!
- We wear a uniform - the boys have to wear a collared shirt and certain types of pants.

We really enjoyed meeting Mrs Jarratt and the boys. Even though we talked to them for nearly 45 minutes, we still have more questions and we've already posted them onto their wiki. We hope we can continue having a 'conversation' with them.
We just LOVE skyping!!
And to our parents who brought us to school early so we could chat - THANKYOU!!

6 comments:
Hi Mrs M i t was fun skyping yesterday.I have got a nother questshin. do they have a school song?
Hi mrs m i like skyping, we should do it again one day. This time we should skype with Mr g.
Hi 2M
skyping Memphis must have been fun. Now we've got a friend in Mempis.
I like skyping the boys in memphis. from Tierney
I just loved skyping with the Memphis boys, it was so cool. I hope we can do it again soon.
From Brooke
Hi 2m skyping Mrs J and the boys in Memphis was fabulous.I really enjoyed it.
i cant beleive they watch cartoon network too and love spongebob square pants.I saw him and patrick
at dreamworld.
Post a Comment