We had a WONDERFUL start to the day today.An event that we have been eagerly waiting for, finally took place.
This morning we skyped Mrs Cassidy and her Grade Ones in Moose Jaw!Even though some of us were a little shy, it was SOOO exciting to meet our blogging buddies and talk to them in 'real' time. It was just after 9:30 am here but over in Moose Jaw it was just after 5:30pm, Wednesday afternoon.

We took our turn in front of the mic and webcam and talked to each other about what we like to do, what our schools look like, our favourite toys, TV shows and sports we play.
For some of us, our buddy wasn't there so we chatted to Mrs Cassidy.

Some of the things we learnt were:
* they don't wear a uniform (we do)
* our schools are similar in size although they
go up to Year 8
* we enjoy the same TV shows and movies
* we play with similar toys - like Barbies, PSP
and XBox
* we love reading stories
*except for 'before school', they have 3 recesses ( we have 2)
* some choose to go home for lunch and even walk by themselves ( we eat lunch at
school and are not allowed to leave by ourselves)
* they (girls and boys) play hockey and soccer -in fact, some of our buddies left
the chat early because they were going to soccer
* they call a 'footpath' a 'sidewalk'; we say we're going to 'training', they say
'practice'
* they have a gym ( we have our sport outside on the oval)
* they have squirrels and gophers but not as many types of insects as us because
it's too cold
We were so busy chatting, that we were surprised when our lunch bell rang and we realised that we had been chatting for nearly 1½ hours!
Skyping with Mrs Cassidy and our buddies was lots of fun. We loved seeing them and know how lucky we are to have such SPECIAL friends on the other side of the world.
(2M, what did you enjoy most about skyping today? What did you learn about your buddy? Share with us in a comment. Mrs M)

8 comments:
I liked seeing my buddy and talking to her. My buddy likes the same food as me but not the same tv shows.
Hi mrs m, i can finally leave a comment. I liked seeing my buddy. And i left one comment in his blog. From claire.
I liked finally meeting my buddy. It was good to speak to my buddy and hear everybody voices.
I wish my buddy had been there but i still had fun
Hi Mrs M,
When can we skyped Mrs C again because my buddy wasn't there?
Hi Mrs M! I really enjoyed skyping last week. My favourite part was looking at the webcam.
Hi mrs M and class it was very very fun tooking to them I can't beleev that I met Talen.
Hi mrs m I liked skyping 1C I wonder when we skyp them next time.
Post a Comment