
2M, want to know more about our new class member?
Just click on the praying mantid.
2M's Blog of all that's happening in our classroom. This blog was started by the Gems of 2008. We, the 2011 Gems are proud to continue on the conversation. You can read, watch and listen as we share our learning journey - a journey where we 'learn to blog' and 'blog to learn'. Please visit regularly to see what's new and join in the conversation - we'd love for you to be part of our learning.
12 comments:
I love our new class member, what should we call it?
Hi Mrs M,
I found out about praying mantises.
They can see 35 metres and it can turn its head 180 degrees.
They lay up to 100 eggs. The babies hatch in the spring.
Their camouflage helps them survive. They eat beetles, spiders and grasshoppers.
They are not pests, they eat pests.
That insect is cool.Is it sticky?how did you catch it?What does it smell like?great work.courtney
I like looking after the praying mantids catching food for it.
Hi Mrs M
the site for praying mantids are great.Our mantid in our classroom i do agrey with you that it is a matid not a sick inseck becuse its front legs look like its praying and on the sick inseck its legs are just down.
Great investigating, Ben. Now you know that it can see what all of us are doing in the room each day!
I can only move my head 90 degrees, I wish I could turn my head all the way around like the mantids.
Hi Mrs M,
I like praying mantises because they can turn their head 180 degrees.
Hi Mrs M is the stripy grasshoper a baby?
Our new class meber is relly great to look at.
Hi Mrs M on the prayingmantid I found heeps ov information.
Hi Mrs M on the prayingmantid I found heeps ov information.
Post a Comment