Tuesday, May 6, 2008

'AI' CHALLENGE

Today we were investigating words containing 'ai' because one of our word wall words this week is 'explain'. We have explored 'ai' words before, so to make it more interesting, Mrs M challenged us to think of COMPOUND WORDS that contain 'ai'.
Patrick started us off with the following words -

railroad
rainforest
rainbow
chainsaw
paintbrush
raincoat
sailboat

CAN YOU ADD TO OUR LIST?
THERE MUST BE MORE!

9 comments:

Flynn said...

it took a long time to think of something but what about tailcoat and hailstorm?

Anonymous said...

Hi Mrs M and 2m,doing ai words was fabulou.I`ve thought of some more words.Rainstorm hailstorm mailbox and raindrop.Lauren D

Anonymous said...

Hi Mrs M,
I have a lot of ai words.
wheelchair, waistline, painless, overpaid, airbag, airbrush, aircraft, airport, chairperson, paintwork, brainchild and brainstorm.

Ben said...

Hi Mrs M

The words we come up with are:-
baitboard, milkmaid, nailgun, snailtrail??????, trailbike, failsafe and sailboat.

Ben said...

I just thought of another one, my mum helped me again - I thought of chair and mum said person, chairperson. that was fun

OJ IS A CHICKEN said...

Hi Mrs M. I have thought of some more compound words - chairman, stairwell, rainbow, raincoat, fairway, railway, wheelchair, fairgrounds??

OJ IS A CHICKEN said...

I have thought of one more - mailman.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Mrs M I thought of some ai words...mailman or mailwoman - that does not sound as good does it. sailor and tailor as well

Anonymous said...

Hi mrs m, it took a long long time to thing when i was on the blog i though of 1 word rain coat claire*.