
Last week, when we were learning about 'right angles', Isaac made the connection between a 'right angle' and a '1/4 turn'.
Because we thought all the 'right angles' we found around the room were different sizes, Mrs M introduced us to the measurement for a 'right angle' - 90 degrees.
As you can see from the picture, this information started a 'huge' discussion, where the boys, especially Tyler, realised that they had been using the language of angles when skateboarding. They understood that a '360',is a full turn, a 'half 360' or a '180' is a half turn but now they know that they are 'working mathematically' when skateboarding!
WHEN ARE OTHER TIMES THAT WE USE 'TURNS' AND THE 'LANGUAGE OF ANGLES' IN OUR DAILY LIVES?
PLEASE LEAVE YOUR THOUGHTS IN A COMMENT.


7 comments:
Hi 2M,
I love doing 180's in my green machine. Now I know what that means I'll have to try a 270 and 360 spins on my trampoline.
Jacob, what's your 'green machine'? I can remember doing 360's on my trampoline a 'long' time ago.
I can do 180s on my trampoline. I can do 180's on my slider. I have seen green machines. They look great too.
Mrs m a green machine is a bike with three wheels, levers to make it turn.If you want to turn you hath to pull one lever down and push the other lever up.this is how you sit in it, you sort of lay down, you hath to sick your legs out so they can rech the pedles.I hope you lernt lots about my green machine mrs m!
Thanks Jacob. I've got a pretty good idea of what a green machine is now - thanks to your great description.
Hi Mrs M and 2M, I think doing 90 degrees turns is cool. I reckon we could do heaps more about it. I love it!
I agree with you Noah - there are many more investigations we can do. We will be looking more at angles, rotations and flips next term. What ideas do have have for working with 90 degree turns?
Post a Comment