have been having a lot of trouble getting on to blog lately.We can wait ages for pages to open or pictures to upload - sometimes all day.
We come in each morning, hoping things will be faster, but usually we are disappointed.
Mrs M has tried to explain that what's happening to us is like a traffic jam on the freeway.
Now that nearly all classes in the school are blogging, there's a lot of people on the network. We're like the cars.
Our bandwidth is like the freeway. It carries information into and out of our network. The problem is, with so many of us on, it's not big enough to carry all the traffic, so it slows right down.
Even though it's been really hard to stay connected and share our learning from school, we've been doing lots from home.
Have you checked out our blogfolios lately? You'll find lots of posts about what we've been doing. Just head over to the sidebar...and please leave some comments!
We've also discovered Google Docs and we just LOVE working with them.
We love them because you can have many people working on the same document at the same time, no matter where they are and of course, we can add to them from home. It's great fun watching people make changes while you're working on it.
Here are some of the ways we've been using Google Docs:
and these are docs started by Paddy, Patrick, Jacob and Johanna:
- Adding 'ing' -Paddy
- 'ook' Words -Johanna
- 'uit', 'ute', 'oot' Words - Patrick & Jacob
Have you used Google Docs? Can you think of other ways we can use them to collaborate?We'd love to know your ideas.

4 comments:
I know I'am aways fustratid when we have to wait because it takes up all our tie to do the stuff we really want to do.
I know Oliva, I am soooooooooooo so fustratid when I have to wait. come on.paddy
I know we just can't do them all at once. claire
You can name all the times we had to wait!!!!
Post a Comment