Tuesday, March 4, 2008

WATCH OUT FOR SILENT 'E'

SILENT

2M, here's a video I found that will help you remember the effect a 'silent' or 'magic' e has on a word.
You did a great job today turning 'cap' into 'cape', 'cub' into 'cube' and 'slid' into 'slide'.

Some of these words are mentioned in the video.
What are the pairs of words we didn't think of?
Watch the video to find out.


Did you work out the pairs?
Can you think of any more?
Leave a comment to let us know what you discovered.
You can also play an a_e game at STARFALL.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mrs m and 2m gems,
I have some words that have silent e at the end. Here are some of them
pan - pane
dam - dame
sam - same
hug - huge
van - vane
tub - tube

Riley's Folio said...

Hi Mrs M,
I thought of some other words - slop and slope.

Anonymous said...

Mrs M
I think I know some slent e words - hop and hope. I really liked the video.

Anonymous said...

I love the silent e video.I have another one - cub-cube.

Mrs M said...

Well done Jarvis,Riley,Tamekah and Lauren. Can you think of another pair of words? There's still some pairs that were mentioned in the video. Here's a clue: string

Anonymous said...

What about mad turns to made and cap into cape??

Anonymous said...

just thought of another one -
fin turns to fine

Anonymous said...

Hi Mrs M I know some more words tub - tube pin - pine dam - dame ven - vane pan - pane twin - twine glob - globe Sam - same pop - pope slop - slope and hop - hope.

Anonymous said...

We know about the silent e, too! We like the video so much that we might put it on our blog, too! It's fun to learn together!

Ben said...

Mrs M - is it twin and twine?

Anonymous said...

I LIKE THE SHOW OF SILENT E .I cant whait to see more.

Anonymous said...

Hi Mrs M and 2m that mouvie was so cool and was it twin into twine.

Anonymous said...

Hi it is Kimi and Emily. We found some werd's van-vane pan-pane.

Anonymous said...

Callum, I think you watched and listened really well. It is twin into twine.

Anonymous said...

hi Mrs M I hove some Werd's to sho you. pan-pane van-vane Twin-twine man-mane pin-pine dam-dame sam-same from emily.

Anonymous said...

hi Mrs M I found some Werd's tap-tape cub-cube sam-same dam-dame van-vane hug-huge. from Emily.

Anonymous said...

Dear Mrs M and 2M gems, me and my family like to sing this song together it is funny. We thought of some more silent e's that aren't in the song
Do - doe
Car - care
Far - fare
Dot -dote
Gag - gage
Mad - made
Plan - plane

Mrs M said...

Super work, Noah! You have really had your thinking cap (or was it a cape?) on!

Anonymous said...

i liek your video!!